The Old Parktonian Sports Club has various venues and fields available that can be hired for a variety of private functions. Please have a look at the menu on the left for the full list of facilities we have for hire.
We cater for birthday parties, meetings, team buildings, company sports days and many more.
We have a dedicated team that would cater for all your needs.
We can assist with hiring of marquee tents, mobi-cans etc and arrange for a separate bar setup for your party, both inside and outside,
Contact the office on (011) 789-3274/5 for more information.
Our menu includes flexible options, carvery, take-aways, snacks, braais and kosher and halaal food.
Chairs and tables (trestle and round) are included in our hiring fee.
- The club closes at 1am, unless by special arrangement, where a fee of R400 (excluding VAT) per hour or part thereof will apply.
- No food or beverages (alcoholic or other) may be brought onto the premises.
- No smoking is permitted in any function room.
- Club dress regulations for functions are “smart-casual” and appropriate sporting attire is to be worn for all sporting functions. Themed parties are allowed.
- Our In-house caterer will get first preference. Outside cateres are only allowed if the have the capacity to prepare food off-site and supply cutlery & crockery.
- The Head Barman in charge of the function will have sole discretion to make any decisions for and on behalf of the Club. Last rounds will be called 30 minutes before the end of the function.
- The volume of music is to be kept within desirable limits and music will end promptly 15 minutes before the end of your function. All music equipment must be vacated from the room within 30 minutes.
- All interested users should contact the office at (011)789-3274/5 to book a venue. They must sign a function contract and payment to be made within 10 days, to secure the booking.
- If a reservation for a function is cancelled less than 45 days prior to the function date, there will be no refund.
- Minor children will be under adult supervision for the duration of the function.
- Apart from the hiring fee a refundable deposit will be applicable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to use the in house caterer?
We have a contracted caterer that can assist you with all your function needs. If you opt to use the outside caterer, please note that no kitchen access will be garnted to them. The outside caterer needs to cook off-site and supply their own cutlery, crockery & napery.
Do you cater for halaal and kosher requirements?
The in-house caterer can assist with halaal catering needs but not kosher requirements.
Can I bring my own drinks?
No. The club has a liquor license and needs to provide all drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks) and will run the bar according to your specifications (cash bar, limit on drinks, vouchers etc). Corkage will be charged on wines being brought in by prior arrangements.
What time can I set up for my function?
The rooms are usually available and prepared from late morning, please make specific arrangements with the office.
Can I decorate the room?
Yes, with conditions. Table decorations and free standing drapings are allowed. No hooks or adhesive tape are allowed in the roof and on the walls.
What about music?
You can arrange your own DJ for the function or we can assist with references. The club does not provide any sound equipment. Music can be played in all the function rooms but due to Council bylaws, no loud music is allowed on the fields. Outdoor music events in the evenings are not allowed.
Do I need to clean up after the function?
No, we save you the hassle!! You do however need to remove all table decorations, sound equipment and drapings you brought in.
It’s mostly not possible due to the full schedule of sport practices and league matches. If the program allows for it, we can however accommodate you. The tent needs to be erected under strict supervision due to irrigation lines on the field.
Can we erect inflatables and other fun activities when booking the fields?
Yes, but with prior permission from the office and with supervision of the grounds convenor. Due to irrigation lines on the fields, we need to confirm the location of equipment that needs to be pegged into the ground. Limited electriity points will be made available for these activities. Please confirm your electricity needs timeously as a qualified electrician might need to assist.