We are hiring!
OLD PARKS SPORTS CLUB VACANCY
CLUB HOST & MAITRE'D
Character trades and skills
- Presentable, bubbly and vibrant personality with a passion to interact and relate with audiences of all ages and demographics.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-driven and innovative.
- Maintain a friendly and relaxed atmosphere while ensuring that members/visitors abide by the rules and regulation of the Old Parktonian Sports Club.
- Events management skills
- Basic POS skills and trouble shooting.
- Personnel management.
- Greeting and getting to know guests. Continuously move around the establishment to ensure all clients are well taken care of and to see to the enjoyment and satisfaction of the customer.
- Create a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere by managing music, playlists, ensure bar is open on time.
- Manage general enquiries and direct to the relevant manager. This includes membership option, venue hire, member benefits.
- Display a thorough knowledge of membership options, pricing and training times. Assist in handing out membership cards to new members and liasing with the membership manager.
- Doing an informal survey with guests and members to identify needs and improve service to the guests.
- Work closely with the management and waiters of the restaurant to ensure customers are taken care of, bar area cleared of plates and cutlery etc.
- Respond to complaints in a calm and professional manner and resolve to the best of your ability. Report unresolved situations and follow the disciplinary procedure as set out in the club constitution.
- You would be expected to work with all the club sports sections (hockey, soccer, cricket, bowls) as well as tenants and affiliates with specific attention given to visitors and players of the Padel Tennis facility.
- Ensure the social area and bar is cleaned and sanitised regularly by the cleaners.
- Glasses need to be removed throughout the day from the tables and washed by cleaners.
- Bar facility and bar toilets needs to be serviced prior to the bar opening times.
- Check that the bar stations are kept neat and tidy throughout.
- Ensure the private bar setups for functions or bowls activities are done on time and stocked fully as per requirement.
- Setup for functions to be checked and executed according to the weekly schedule. Ensure breakdown is done after the function.
- You will be expected to perform light housekeeping duties during busy times by clearing tables, picking up papers etc.
- Check that all flyers displayed on the notice boards and change rooms are current and updated.
- Regularly check the toilet and change room facilities to ensure hygiene and cleanliness.
- Report breakages and ensure that it is attended to timeously.
- Strictly enforce the liquor license conditions by ensuring that no private drinks or cooler boxes a brought onto the premises or drinks consumed in the car park area.
- Your direct supervisor is the bar manager, with regular interaction with the Club Manager and Membership manager.
- You will manage all cleaners, bar staff and club waiters when on duty and ensure good service to the customers is rendered throughout.
- Understand all scheduled activities at the club and direct guests accordingly.
- Follow disciplinary procedures with the staff in conjunction with the bar manager.
Promotions and Events Management
- You will be expected to have a basic knowledge of the sound system and use a microphone for promotions.
- Work hand in hand with the bar manager to source free stock, promotional gift items and set up drinks specials and promos for the bar.
- Budget and plan monthly events, live music entertainment, wine tastings, activations and more. Full events planning is required including marketing, decorations and execution.
- Work with our social media company to market bar specials, events, teasers and fun social media postings.
- Promote weekly bar specials, themed public holidays and new products to increase sales.
- Show and in-depth product knowledge of the bar items.
- Compile monthly report for the management committee meetings and set up an online calendar with specials and events.
- Stays informed of big sporting events televised and promote to supporters to increase feet through the door
Contract duration, working hours
You will be appointed on a contract, starting on early November 2022 (date to be confirmed). The contract will be reassessed after a period for further employment.
You are required to work on weekends, some public holidays and after hours.
Salary to be discussed.
Please send a detailed CV with a head and shoulder photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 17 October 2022.
The Old Parks Sports Club requires a presentable, bubbly, energetic and outgoing Club Host & Maitre’d. The position will require the successful candidate to welcome and engage with all members and visitors, creating an enjoyable experience and vibey environment. The position will also require the planning and promoting of events – whilst showing strong leadership skills. This role is ‘The Face of the Club’ and the ‘Go to Person’. Initially a contract position with possibility of a contract extension and or permanent employment dependent on fit and performance. The position will require mainly Tues-Sat work from 13h00-21h00, but flexibility is needed.
The successful candidate will need to be outgoing, confident and highly presentable. A charismatic ‘peoples person’ with a minimum of a matric. Relevant additional qualifications are advantageous. The candidate should preferably have a passion and some knowledge of sport – but this is not a pre requisite. The role requires a proactive, organized, punctual, bubbly and self driven individual with great initiative and a proven track record of showcasing managerial or leadership skills. Lastly, the person will need to be totally reliable and have no transport issues etc.
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
Email CV to: Lizette@oldparks.co.za, Along with Contactable References and a Recent headshot photograph
Note Closing Date: 23/4/2021
The Package: Dependent on experience and credentials. Basic and various Club Benefits. Start date: Ideally 1 May 2021
(Please Note: ONLY successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Additional questions will be answered upon interview process with successful applicants.)